After an extended weekend of rushing around my hometown to see friends and family, we’re back home… unpacking, unwinding, settling down. With all the hubbub, I neglected to write a “What I’m Thankful For” post on Thanksgiving. Not that I’m breaking any sort of rule but not posting one, but I enjoy actually sitting back and reflecting because usually I’m a non-stop, what-can-I-cross-off-my-checklist sort of gal.
But hey, what better day to reflect on what I’m thankful for than the dreaded, unproductive Monday after a holiday? So here goes:
– Despite the delay the traffic accidents caused us on the drive back home, I’m thankful that our car wasn’t involved.
– I’m thankful that my dad is recovering well from a heart attack just two weeks ago.
– I’m thankful for my rambunctious, hilarious, sweet, question-asking son… my favorite part of the day is seeing him walk into our bedroom with his pink bear tucked under his arm in the mornings.
– I’m thankful that my hubby is my parent-in-crime. We share the best and the worst of parenting together. Oh yeah, and he’s more patient than I am but I’m working on it.
– I’m thankful that I have a little wonder growing safely inside me, even if he is already causing me to lose sleep.
– I’m thankful that I can visit home for the holidays and not have to pop Tylenol because of all the family-drama. We’re a pretty mellow group.
– I’m thankful for silly things like my iPhone, Christmas decorations and the fact that Scrubs seems to keep resurrecting itself.
– Something’s gotta be said for Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks- I’m thankful a friend suggested I get addicted try them.
I’m sure I missed something uber-important so, just in case, I’m thankful for that too.