I’ve been given the Honest Scrap Award by Debi, fellow outdoor adventurer and mom from Go Explore Nature. The Honest Scrap Award is more like a meme that you bestow someone with and then ask them to pass it along. I like this one because I get to share some honest things about me, which I’m sure are riveting. Hehe.
With the last couple of awards I’ve gotten, I never got around to officially accepting the award by doing a post. But this time, I’m sticking with it… here we go!
10 Honest Things about Me
1. I’m just about as impatient as they come. Which is ironic since it’s sometimes takes me forever to spit things out when I talk. And the fact that I’m known to be pretty laid back. Daddy Roo regularly picks on me for the lack of patience but I’m getting better I swear!
2. For all the things I like to do outdoors, I’ve actually never ridden a horse! I don’t have some irrational fear of Mr. Ed or anything. I guess the stars have just never aligned for me to ride one. In fact, I skipped school with a boyfriend once who was going to take me horseback riding but the place was closed. Besides petting them, that’s about the closest I’ve gotten.
3. I really don’t care for odd numbers. I know that’s weird. To me, 19 is the worst number ever. I don’t even let the microwave stop on 19. I can’t really explain why which makes it even more whacked out.
4. I love planning things out. And making lists. And then crossing stuff off lists. I sometimes write something down on my list JUST so I can cross it off. I get some itty-bitty sense of accomplishment that way.
5. One of my biggest regrets in life is that I’m not fluent in Spanish. I’m half Costa Rican but my Dad only spoke to us somewhat in Spanish growing up. I studied it in high school, all through college and even lived in Spain for 2 months but I was never immersed enough there to come back fluent. I can read and write it okay but speaking is my weakest.
6. Speaking of speaking, I loathe public speaking YET I’ve been an aerobics instructor for nearly 10 years. For some reason, speaking in a wireless mic while doing step-touches doesn’t bother me. I’m even good at it. But get me behind a podium and I’m a wreck.
7. I admit that some of The Wiggles songs are kinda catchy. Big Roo doesn’t watch them anymore but I DID have fun singing Toot Toot Chugga Chugga. Oh, my 16-year-old former self would be holding her head in shame right now.
8. Having a beautifully landscaped garden with a nice vegetable patch is on my list of things I REALLY want. The problem is my thumb isn’t green- it’s a dark, dark shade of brown. I’ve killed more houseplants than you can imagine and when mother nature teams up with me outside, my thumb is extra lethal. The other problem is that I’m too impatient to learn how to garden (see #1). I just want to plant things and have them stay beautiful forever.
9. I fell off some metal bleachers at a little league ballpark when I was 10 and sliced my leg open. It was so deep I had 25 stitches inside and 25 out. Funny enough I didn’t feel it. I’ve got a giant scar on my quad though to remind me it happened.
10. I really, really love sleeping. Waking up all on my own is bliss. But lately (lately meaning the last three years) I don’t get nearly as much sleep as I’d like. Thank goodness Daddy Roo and I take turns sleeping in on the weekends (we switch off on Saturday and Sunday). Well, sleeping in is 8:30 these days.
So here’s the part where I pass this award onto 7 fellow bloggers but hey, I’ve only got 5. Whether or not they want to participate in this award/meme is totally up to them but visit their blogs regardless!
Suzanne from Pretty Swell– Posts about everything from post-partum depression to cool Etsy stuff. Plus, she loves bacon.
Heather from Follow Linus– A good friend of mine. The posts she’s had so far about service have been fun yet insightful. I’ve just gotta get her to post more!
Sue from Motherhood and Me– Awesome blog design, even awesomer posts. (yes, I know that’s not a word)
Courtney from Twins Mommy– She posts about raising twins and has good tips on natural child rearing.
Sue from Lagunatic– This girl’s craaaazy! Her posts crack me up.