Capture the Everyday is about getting you to capture those everyday moments in your life! Each Thursday, I’ll issue a simple challenge to capture something that’s a part of your daily life. You can post just a picture or add some words to go along with it. You’ll have a week to get it done and then I’ll issue another. It’s a quick, easy way to start capturing those little parts of life we sometimes take for granted.
This Week’s Assignment:
This past weekend, we headed to the lake with some friends. It was my first time on a boat in years and the kid’s first time period. As we cruised around the lake, I couldn’t help but think of all the things we take for granted. How fortunate we were to have the wind whipping through our hair. To eat sandwiches and chips and snacks to our heart’s content. It may look like a typical day at the lake but it symbolized more. It means we are free.
Big Roo said that Little Roo looked like a potato in his life jacket. Hehe.
Next Assignment: Place where things pile up
If you want to participate, just a few things to note:
– Grab the badge (code is in column to the right):
– Feel free to write about what you captured. A funny story about it. A history on it. How you’ll remember it. What will you want to remember about that picture 20, 30, 40 years from now?
– Just a picture and a caption are fine too.
– Don’t worry if you “aren’t a good photographer.” Consider this practice. Plus, it’s about capturing the memory, not a pretty picture.
– Visit the blogger ahead of you and as many others as you have time for.
– Leave a comment below (this notifies me through email that you linked up).