You know how you blink, then open your eyes to find a six month old baby staring at you instead of a squinty-eyed newborn?
Yeah, same thing happened to me.
This little baby went from wrinkly skin, striking blue eyes and head of dark hair like this…
… to a crawling baby with (still) blue eyes (the only Culbertson grandkid with them), a curious combover and a tongue that won’t stay in his mouth…
Now THAT’S some major cuteness, if I do say so myself.
With each month, I always write down a few notes on what Little Roo is like at that age. Because baby brain is still impairing me and if I don’t write it down, it’s probably forgotten forever!
Here’s what the little rascal has been up to lately:
– Sticks his tongue out when excited (doctor got a kick out of it at his check-up)
– Crawling around like a crazy baby
– Sitting up (but still needs to be spotted)
– Had to lower the crib this past weekend to level 2 because he keeps grabbing the rails and lifting up
– Now he just grabs the top rail and lifts up so that he’s standing on his knees
– Still breastfeeding (hit my goal and I’m still going strong- woot!)
– Has two teeth (bottom middle)
– Wakes up smiling and gabbing 95% of the time
– Goes to bed around 8:00-8:30, I wake him to nurse at 11, then he WAS sleeping until 6:30. Now he’s been waking around 4 or 5 but I’m trying not to nurse him, just soothe, so he doesn’t make a habit of it
– Loves watching his brother when they’re riding in the car (Big Roo makes him laugh a lot)
– Intrigued by anything crinkly-feeling (like toys that made a crinkle sound, pack of wipes, etc.)
– Tried baby food this past weekend- sweet potatoes (more on first foods next week)
– Will try to grab at anything you put in front of him (including dinner plates)
– Loves his Jumperoo but not so keen on his bouncer
– Nicknames: Grippy, Baby E
And my personal favorite… I tweeted this the other day:
I was changing Little Roo’s diaper the other day and he tooted, then looked at me and SMILED!
What is it with boys?