If you missed my post this weekend about the project I’m ATTEMPTING this week, then turn back now and read this.
Okay, you back? Good, let’s go…
My contacts are bothering me because this day was SO FRICKIN EXHAUSTING! Mondays are one of the two days I’m home with the boys and wow, they must have known I was trying to attempt something brilliant because they sure didn’t make it easy on me.
Let’s see. WHAT would the best part of my day be? Could it be the 30 minute temper tantrum Big Roo had this morning over going to pee? Or maybe when I was sweetly rocking Little Roo and he pooped seedy poo all over my shorts?
No I got it. It must have been when I went to the gym for the first time in FOUR MONTHS only to be hauled out of class because my baby wouldn’t stop crying.
Oh you guys. Today was a roller coaster! But despite all the insanity, I DID manage to capture some of our everyday moments through pictures and journaling. I mean I took like over 200 shots today and am now whittling them down to 50-75. Can we say obsessed? I work tomorrow so I definitely won’t have as many then!
Here are some of my favorites:
A blurry shot but a good reminder of what I wake up to in the morning when I hit snooze. Notice the iPhone. It’s great for late night Words with Friends or early morning news while I feed the baby.
Before Big Roo woke up, I got to spend some time with the baby. I fed him and burped him. This picture is SO blown out and imperfect but for some reason I just love it.
This is Big Roo after his morning tantrum over going to the bathroom. The kid is outta diapers and stays dry at night. For some reason though, he thinks he should hold it even longer and refuses to potty in the morning.
Ohhh Thomas. Why do you infiltrate my life? Our house is overrun with Thomas, Toby, Percy, James and all those other creepy looking trains. But whatever makes the kid happy, right?
I just HAD to capture this because this is what Daddy Roo and I do nearly every day of our lives. Toby the Train has got to be the cheapest thing I ever bought. His battery won’t stay put and so at least once a day we’re “fixing Toby”- opening him up, popping the battery back in place and hoping it doesn’t break again in five minutes.
After lunch, Big Roo went down for some quiet time (which only lasted less than an hour today- SUCK). I stole a few minutes to check my email and Twitter of course. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough free fingers for typing.
Holy unflattering Batman! But here I am talking to Time Warner as to why the Internet is down (again), folding clothes and talking with Little Roo. All the while Big Roo popping onto the stairs and asking if he can come out of quiet time yet. Grrrr.
My favorite Big Roo-ism of the day:
During time out, he asked if he was done yet.
Me: Just a little longer.
Big Roo: Thanks, Mom. You’re really sweet. You’re gonna get a sticker.
My notes about the process:
- I stopped taking pictures after dinner. I was just TOO wiped out and our routine was later than usual. I have all week to document a typical bedtime so I’ll save it for another day.
- The pictures don’t need to be perfect. They just need to capture the moment.
- I had to let go of the idea that each shot should be free of clutter (like clothes hampers, toys, etc). THAT’S life around here so it’s important to capture as messy as it is.
- It’s hard to take notes about your day. PERIOD.
- But I was able to write down some funny Big Roo sayings because I had a pen and paper at hand.
- Take pictures of as much as you can. You can always go back later and delete.
- Remember this is a personal journey. I’m thinking of my goal of putting this in a scrapbook when I’m done.
- GET MORE of Daddy Roo. That’s my goal for tomorrow.
Now let’s see if we can reduce the insanity level a bit for tomorrow…